ATI Steel Hot Rolling Processing Facility
Description of Project:
HOH provided the structural engineering design for the new Hot Rolling Processing Facility being built in Breckenridge, PA. The project is part of a design-build package to furnish all mill and ancillary buildings.
- Over 700,000 SF of new hot rolling and water treatment facilities.
- 22 EOT Bridge Cranes with lifting capacity up to 182 tons.
- Maximum height of 97 FT at main bay.
- Over 14,000 tons of structural steel.
Scope of Work:
- Design of all new mill buildings for the Hot Rolling Processing Facility, employing a 3D Building Information Model (BIM) and including coordination with piping, mechanical and other disciplines of equipment provided by an overseas supplier.
- Design of electrical rooms, offices and various ancillary buildings throughout the new Hot Rolling Processing Facility.
- Construction support during all phases of building installation.
Value to Client:
This new $1.1 billion mill will be part of a new advanced specialty metals Hot Rolling and Processing Facility which has the capability of rolling a wide range of stainless steels and other specialty alloys at widths exceeding 2,000 mm.